How do I request an override for a course?

Overrides are handled by the department or program that administers the course. If you look up the course on the Schedule of Courses, the department or program contact information (phone number and webpage) will be in the upper right corner of the page. Some departments have an online override request form, or more information about overrides, on their webpage (these are usually under an Undergraduate tab).


If the webpage doesn't have an override form, please call the number listed on Schedule of Courses. Some departments require that you contact the professor first. If the professor isn’t listed on the Schedule of Courses, you can ask who is teaching the course when you call. You can find a professor’s contact information on the Find People Search in the upper right hand corner MSU's homepage.