Undergraduate Advising Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
This FAQ has been created for undergraduate students in the Departments of Plant Biology (PLB) and Biochemistry & Molecular Biology (BMB) advised by Kendra Pyle Kanaboshi. Kendra encourages you to review the College of Natural Science Advising Syllabus and Objectives to prepare for your advising meeting:
- How do I check on my progress toward completing degree requirements?
- Where do I access major requirement checklists and four year plans for majors in PLB or BMB?
- Where can I find resources if I am a Pre-Professional Student (Pre-Med, Pre-Dental, Pre-Pharm, Pre-PA, etc.)?
- If a required course that I need is full, what do I do?
- How do I change my major?
- Can I repeat a course at MSU? Is there a limit on how many credits I can repeat?
- Where can I find what scholarships are available?
- What is the Kellogg Biological Station (KBS) and where can I find more information?
- How do I request an override for a course?
- What tutoring resources are available at MSU?
- Can I take classes at another college or university and transfer them to MSU?